Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pannekoeken Huis

We decided to be brave and try a new place in the Metro Dining Club and chose the Pannekoeken Huis, mainly because it is pretty close to where we live. It is next door to the Miracle Mile Mall in St Louis Park and attached to a Baja Sol, so I was not expecting anything too exciting. Inside, it  was larger than I would have guessed and they had quite a few tables and booths. We were seated right away, with no waiting on a Sunday morning.

John ordered the meat and egg skillet with scrambled eggs, bacon, baja hash browns and an English muffin. The baja hash browns have ground beef, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, pepper cheese mixed together and poured over the top of them with salsa on the side. The baja sauce was not spicy and added some extra flavor to the hash browns.

 
I tried the apple pannekoeken. I had to go with their specialty and I'm glad I did. It was a lot like a big sugary pancake with the apples cooked inside and caramelized sugar on the top and a big dollop of butter on top. At first, I did not think it looked like a lot of food, but I was unable to finish the pannekoeken. It was extremely filling! The apples were a bit tart and offset the sweetness of the sugar on top slightly.

The food and service were very good. I can't believe I have never tried a pannekoeken before and had never stopped in to this restaurant. It was good and I think we will likely return. Unfortunately, John happened to visit the restroom and found it to be in poor condition. I don't know about you, but when I visit the restroom in a restaurant and find it less than clean, it really turns me off. It makes me wonder how clean they keep the rest of the place.

Deals & Discounts: Pannekoeken Huis has a card in the Metro Dining Club good for a monthly discount of $6.00 off with the purchase of two entrees.

Pannekoekken Huis
4995 Excelsior Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55416
(952) 920-2120
http://www.pannekoeken-mn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment