Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hoagie's Restaurant

Since I've lived or worked near Hopkins for many years, I have always wondered if Hoagie's Restaurant was any good, but never ventured inside. It is one of those places that is only open for breakfast and lunch and it appears to have been around forever.

John and I decided to stop in for breakfast on a Saturday morning recently. It reminds me of the Wagon Wheel Cafe in Mankato. (Actually, a lot of things about Hopkins remind me of Mankato for some reason.) It is a basic room with wood paneling, booths and counter service seating as well. There is nothing fancy or trendy going on here. Seat yourself and the server stops by quickly. The service was efficient, and though not overly friendly, the server was not rude either. There appeared to be a lot of regulars dining as the servers knew a lot of people by name.

John went with the basic breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast. The bacon was not very good quality. The hash browns and eggs were fine.

I tried the daily special of the croissant breakfast sandwich, which had eggs, ham and cheese inside and hash browns on the side. It was a very filling sandwich and I would probably order it again. The hash browns tasted freshly grated, though I am not sure if they were or not.

Overall, Hoagie's was OK. I am not sure I would go out of the way to return there. There are many other options a bit closer to home for us with better food and ambiance.


Hoagie's Restaurant
824 Mainstreet
Hopkins, MN 55343
(952) 935-2865
No checks, no credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment