Monday, March 25, 2013

Oak Grill at Macy's

I've been working downtown for almost two years now and surprisingly I rarely go out to eat at a full service restaurant. I guess I try not to spend too much money on lunches, even though I eat out almost every day. I have often walked by the Oak Grill on my way to the Skyroom on the 12th floor, but never stopped to look at the menu. However, awhile back I saw a post from the Minnesota Monthly food critic regarding the Macy's Oak Grill and a great burger on their menu. It sounded so good, I finally decided to check it out.

The Oak Grill is pretty formal and old school with white tablecloths, chandeliers and lots of wood paneling. I figured the food was along the same lines, but actually the menu had a nice variety to choose from. Good luck finding the menu posted online though. I am still looking for it. I don't think it is posted or it is hiding on the Macy's website in an undisclosed location.
You get one of their famous popovers to start. So light and fluffy!
I had the BLT jam burger and this was a very delicious burger. The meat was juicy without being greasy on a huge super-soft pretzel bun. The bacon was cooked perfectly and I loved the bibb lettuce instead of the standard iceberg lettuce, it gave it a better texture. Other toppings include cheese, fried onion straws and a tomato jam topping that tasted like concentrated ketchup, only a bit sweeter. The tomato jam really added to the overall flavor of this burger and makes it unique. The fries were good as well and they came with a mustard sauce for sipping in addition to ketchup.

The service was efficient and friendly, even when they got rather busy toward the end of my visit. A manager or another server stopped by to process my payment, since my server was busy with a larger group.


Macy's Oak Grill
700 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55402
(612) 375-2938

No comments:

Post a Comment