Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bloomy's Roast Beef

I visited the Bloomy’s food truck last week as I had a Groupon deal I’d bought awhile back to use. This time I thought I’d stray from my usual roast beef sandwich selection and try their roast beef commercial with mashed potatoes and corn for $9.

The mashed potatoes were very good and tasted homemade. The roast beef was tender, with great flavor and some of it was cooked medium rare, which I liked a lot. There was a piece of bread under the meat and the bread was toasted, which made it very difficult to cut with a plastic fork and knife. I did not think the bread needed to be toasted. The corn was ok. It was a bit soft and overcooked. There was a good amount of gravy over everything and it had a lot of minced garlic visible in it. I think they probably used too much garlic in the gravy as it had a very unusual sour flavor. I did not care for the gravy and tried to avoid eating it as much as I could. Unless they change the gravy I don't think I'll be ordering this item again.

The service at the Bloomy’s truck is always very quick and friendly with a manageable line that moves very quickly. But I think next time I will stick with the roast beef sandwiches, which I liked a whole lot better.

Here's a link to my last blog post abut Bloomy's:
http://whereshouldwegomsp.blogspot.com/2012/05/bloomys-roast-beef.html


Bloomy's Roast Beef
http://bloomys.com/
Twitter: @BloomysRB

No comments:

Post a Comment