Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chick-fil-a

Chick-fil-a has been in Minnesota as of this past summer. This should have been cause for celebration on my part! It has been a favorite of mine for years now, ever since I first tried it while visiting a childhood friend that lives in Atlanta. I have not done a post because I was not sure I wanted to promote the business in any way due to the CEO’s viewpoints. However, I decided that the sandwiches are just too tasty to ignore and I have loved Chick-fil-a long before that fiasco made the news.

Chick-fil-a’s  menu is not extensive, but it has more items on it than I recalled. They offer a breaded chicken sandwich, spicy chicken sandwich, salads, grilled chicken, wraps, chicken nuggets, chicken tenders and even breakfast.

On this visit I had the Chick-fil-a chicken sandwich and waffle fries. I always add some mayonnaise to my sandwich and remove the pickles. I just don’t love pickles. The chicken is a whole breaded chicken breast and not some preformed mystery meat like McDonalds. The breading is quite thin, crisp and light. I really like the fact that they have waffle fries instead of regular French fries. The waffle fry has better potato flavor and more surface area for the fry to become crisp and golden.

There are now six Chick-fil-a locations in Minnesota; U of M campus, MSP airport, Bloomington, Maple Grove, Apple Valley and  Coon Rapids. Maple Grove is closest to home for me. Just don’t forget that Chick-fil-a is not open on Sundays. We did that once and I should have known better!


Chick-fil-a
11820 Fountains Way
Maple Grove, MN ‎
(763) 416-1773
www.chick-fil-a.com

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the lemonade! The diet lemonade specifically is the best thing on the menu.....love me some Chic Fil A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried the lemonade yet. I will have to next time we go!

    ReplyDelete