Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Maison Darras

Finally some new openings to report in the Minneapolis skyways! Maison Darras has opened in the Baker building recently and it appears to be a wonderful addition. It is a very small storefront made up of mostly counter and food display cases, though there are a few tables inside. It is mainly targeted at those picking up lunch and taking it back to the office.

On my first visit I had the goat cheese, turkey and tomato Panini. After you order they take the sandwich out of the case and put it on a panini press for a few minutes to warm it through. The combination of flavors in my sandwich was a winner with tart goat cheese and tangy tomatoes.
I also had the crème brulee, but in my excitement I totally forgot to take a photo of it. The crust was crisp and the interior was rich and creamy making this an excellent crème brulee. The prices are not bad; the paninis are $5.49 and sandwiches are $6.49. you could add a dessert and beverage as a combo meal for an extra fee as well.

I loved my first visit to Maison Darras and will be going back again soon. I am looking forward to trying more of their soups, salads, paninis and sandwiches.

Update: I went back again this week for a second visit.

This time I had the Chesterfield panini, which contained chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce. The chicken was cubed into small pieces and quite good. Not at all dry. The BBQ sauce gave the sandwich a rich and tangy flavor.
Here is a photo of the creme brûlée I talked about above. Amazing on the second visit as well!

Deals & Discounts: I was given a stamp card on my first visit. If you buy 10 sandwiches or salads you get one free. Not a bad deal for frequent visitors.


Maison Darras
Baker Center
733 Marquette Ave, Suite 211
Minneapolis, MN 55402
http://www.maisondarras.com/
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 2:00pm


No comments:

Post a Comment