Thursday, July 2, 2015

Northeast Social

I’ve heard a lot about Northeast Social in the local media since it opened, but it is one of those places we’ve never made it to before. I recently realized they take reservations, which is always nice, especially for a smaller place, so I made one for a recent Friday night.

The room is lots of brick and high ceilings and the large windows in the front were open, even though it was a bit cool and rainy that evening. I was prepared with a jacket anyway.

We started with a couple beers, the list has lots of interesting local choices. I ordered the seared scallops appetizer. It included two large scallops on top of hoppin’ john, which is a type of bean. The scallops were cooked perfectly and the beans brought down the salt factor of the scallops a bit.

John had the bone in pork chop with honey glazed carrot and radish. The pork was coriander dusted and very tender with excellent flavor. He really enjoyed it a lot.

I had the seared tuna sandwich and fries. The fries were quite good, very hot and fresh. The tuna had pickled egg, napa slaw, avocado and basil aioli on it. It seemed like too many toppings to me. The tuna was good, but I ended up removing the pickled egg and some of the slaw, or rather it escaped out the back of the sandwich anyway.

The server was very helpful, giving us recommendations when needed and checking back with us often. This is a nice neighborhood spot, I think we would return, depending what is on the menu.


Northeast Social
359 13th Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
(612) 877-8111
http://www.northeastsocial.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment