Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Revival - revisit for Tennessee hot chicken

John and I went to Revival recently for lunch. My second visit and his first visit. One thing to note, even though it was a Saturday, we arrived about 11 am and it was not that busy yet. We only waited 15 minutes for a table. It become a lot busier by the time we left.

I have read so much about the Tennessee hot chicken I was excited to try it. The people at the table next to us warned me it was really, really spicy, but I got it anyway. It IS really spicy! No extra hot sauce needed! If you remove some of the skin it is a lot less spicy. That said, I enjoyed it, I ate it all, but I am not sure I would order it again. If I want spicy chicken I'll order their regular fried chicken and add one of their hot sauces to it.

John ordered the two piece white meat fried chicken. He enjoyed it a lot and said it was tender and juicy. I think this is probably the best fried chicken in the Twin Cities. John liked the vinegar pepper and sweet potato habanero sauces.

The biscuits are perfect. So flaky, crispy and light. The sorghum butter is sweet and delicious. Don't miss these biscuits!
We also ordered the macaroni and cheese for our second side. The crisp cheese on top was the best part, but the creamy cheese mixture below was quite good as well.

The service was very good, rather quick and we were in and out in no time at all. I only wish the restaurant was larger so it was not so difficult to get into.

Here's a link to my first visit to Revival in November:
http://whereshouldwegomsp.blogspot.com/2015/11/revival-with-apps-at-lowbrow.html


Revival
4257 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55409
(612) 345-4516
http://revivalmpls.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment