Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Blaze Pizza

John and I visited the new Blaze Pizza in St Louis Park recently, mainly because we had received a coupon ion the newspaper for a free pizza. There was a short line on arrival, and you build your own pizza as you go through the line Chipotle style, they fire it and call your name shortly after.

John had the link in pizza with Italian sausage, roasted red peppers, sauteed onions, mozzarella, red sauce.
I had the white top pizza with white cream sauce with mozzarella, applewood bacon, chopped garlic, oregano, arugula.

Overall, the pizza was good, but I kept comparing it to Punch Pizza. I did not think the pizzas were as good as Punch. At Blaze they cut off the burnt edges of the pizza. WHY?! Hey, that is the good part! I did not think the sauce or other ingredients had as much flavor either. There was a gentleman in front of us telling us how much he loved Blaze, but he had never heard of Punch. He loaded up his pizza like crazy and shared it with his wife. I can see how it would seem like a good value, but I just didn’t think the flavors were that great. The crust is defiantly more of a thin crust and probably doesn’t hold up that well if you add tons of toppings. The crust was shaped by a machine and didn’t seem very light and airy.

John and I were not particularly dazzled and I don’t know that we would return. For about the same price you can get a much better pizza elsewhere.

Blaze Pizza
8126 Hwy 7
Saint Louis Park, MN 55426
and
1000 Washington Ave S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55414
http://www.blazepizza.com


No comments:

Post a Comment