Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Travail

John and I went to Travail for our December holiday meal this year. I've been a couple times, but he had never visited and I was quite sure he would enjoy it once I got him in the door.

We were seated at the rail facing the kitchen so we had a great view of everything being prepared. It is like a front row seat at the theater as it is great fun to watch everything going on.

 table side grill for sausage
 Compressed apple, thyme, sugar, apple gel
 Royale Hawaiian
 oyster with cucumber, chicken sushi, lemon, ham
 gougere (savory bread), parsnip, escargot, chicken stock, lemon
 foie gras with smoked foie, apricot, grapefruit, salmon tartare. The salmon was under the wood bowl. 
 soup with delicate squash, smoked ham hock, herbs, brown butter
 gnocchi, potato broth, truffle
 chicken thigh, bulgur wheat, herbs
 grapefruit ice/sorbet
 Back to Kali
 salmon with root vegetable, auguachile, chorizo
 blood sausage, celeriac broth, apple
 pork belly, fig char slu, pickled black walnut
 salmon belly, chicken dash, herbs, shitake
 leek, sun choke, button mushroom, sage
 ribeye, beef fat vinegarette, chermoula, whipped potatoes
 apricot slushie 
 rib with fresno vinegar
 roasted chicken, saffron sauce, pan roasted gnocchi 
 danish, pecan chocolate mousse, truffle
 frozen yogurt dippin dots with cake
chocolate cake

I think I may have missed a couple courses, things come pretty fast sometimes and one course we got up and food was put on your hand. I think that was agnolotti, chicken liver, Tasmanian honey, black truffle and rutabaga. The only reason I have all the details I do is because they gave you a menu with the bill at the end with details on everything, which I greatly appreciated, as I don't like to take notes, I want to enjoy the experience.

We had a really fun time and John enjoyed it a lot as well. The atmosphere is very festive and fun. It is a lot of food and I was totally stuffed at the end even though it seemed like I never ate that much at one time, it adds up quickly. It is expensive, but worth every dime. It would probably cost far far more anywhere else anyway for this type of food.


Travail
4124 W Broadway Ave
Robbinsdale, MN 55422
(763) 535-1131
www.facebook.com/Travailkitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment