Thursday, March 23, 2017

Third Street Tavern - St Peter, MN

Last time I was in Mankato I visited the Third Street Tavern for dinner one night with my Dad. We both like BBQ and had not checked it out yet.

The previous tenant was another BBQ place and the decor has not changed much, if at all. We were told there would be a 45 minute wait, but I think it was only 20 minutes or so that we waited at the bar.
I had a beef brisket sandwich and cole slaw. The brisket was OK, could have been a little more tender, but it was not dry at least. They have two house made BBQ sauces, the first is mild and very sweet and the second seems to be the same with just a bit of spice added. The cole slaw was freshly made and good.

I think I need to go back and try a few more menu items, but overall I think it has a lot of promise and potential as it is run by the people that own Tav on The Ave, Number 4 and other Mankato restaurants that are all very popular. Plus, there are not a lot of dining options in St Peter, so this is a good addition.


Third Street Tavern
408 S 3rd St
St Peter, MN 56082
Phone: (507) 934-3314
http://www.3rdstreettavern.com

No comments:

Post a Comment