Thursday, August 31, 2017

Bar LaGrassa

Bar LaGrassa has been around for quite a few years now, and somehow we have never dined there, which is too bad because we were really missing great food and service. It is a busy place, even still, so reservations are recommended, though I'm sure you can sneak in at the bar or pasta bar pretty easily.
Complimentary starter snack-  it was a few types of beans. I think we also had some bread. 
Seared sea scallops with fresh peas
Langoustine crudo- very fresh and delicious. These taste sort of like lobster. 
calamarata with raw tuna. I had read about this dish audit was as fantastic as it sounded. Fresh cold tuna on a hot pasta, so flavorful.
penne rigate with shrimp- it was basically shrimp scampi. This was a very tasty and filling dish.
Roasted carrots with mint, yogurt and sesame. These carrots were amazing and so full of flavor. Just seeing this photo makes me want to go back and order them again. I can't even being to guess what all goes into this dish, but I suspect it is more complex than it sounds.

The service and food were all very good throughout our visit. I look forward to returning again.

Bar La Grassa
800 N Washington Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Phone: (612) 333-3837
http://www.barlagrassa.com



No comments:

Post a Comment