Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Eat Street Social

I’ve wanted to come here for awhile as I heard they were doing some serious cocktails and a few tiki type drinks too. I had made a reservation for Eat Street Social, it was a nice day and didn’t seem that busy, we so asked to be seated on the patio when we arrived.
We started with the tuna tataki and it arrived very quickly, before our drinks did. The tuna tasted fresh and it was a nice, light starter for a warm day.
I had the tiki AF cocktail. The stuff on the rim was magical, kind of spicy, sweet and sour similar to what Lake & Irving uses on their margarita. Very yum. It contained Bourbon, Pimento Dram, al pastor infused falernum, mescal, pineapple-vanilla syrup, and bitters.
I had the pork sandwich. There was a metric ton of meat on this plate. I feel like I could barely put a dent in it. I was excited for the plantains, but they were very dry and not sweet at all. The mole had nice flavor and the pork was fork tender.
John had the steak frites. The steak was prepared as requested, medium rare and was very tender. The fries were pretty bland tasting for some reason though.

The service was a bit on the slow side throughout our visit. It seemed like we were waiting around for things quite a bit.



Eat Street Social
18 W 26th St
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Phone: (612) 767-6850
https://www.eatstreetsocial.com


No comments:

Post a Comment