Friday, April 12, 2019

Lucky Cricket

Another revisit for us. Lucky Cricket at the Shops at West End. Sorry for another rerun, but I think this place will take awhile to warm up to for us and everyone else.  I want to like it. I really do. But I'm just more sure. We decided to give it another try because it is close by and convenient.
We started with the pork dumplings. I'd call these solid. We both liked this dish.  
We also had the chicken wings. The sauce was soy based and the wings were nice cooked. These were also solid.
 Next, we had the Peking chicken. the chicken was juicy and cooked perfectly. 
And last, was the kung pao shrimp. the shrimp were so tiny and sad. The sauce had a good garlic flavor, but I just could not get past the sad, sad shrimp. I would not order this again. Not worth the $17 price tag.

The service was a bit on the slow side. We had to ask for plates on two different occasions. They were happy to clear things, but very slow to reset the table. We found ourselves waiting for drinks for one time and also for the check.

Overall, I think this visit was a bit better than our first visit, but it certainly was not great. I'm still not sure anyone really knows what this place is supposed to be. If it is an Asian restaurant, the food needs more work. If it is a tiki bar, the drinks need some work. Maybe it will continue to improve the longer it is open. We can hope anyway.

Link to our first Lucky Cricket visit:
http://whereshouldwegomsp.blogspot.com/2018/12/lucky-cricket.html



Lucky Cricket
1607 West End Blvd
St Louis Park, MN 55416
Phone: (952) 206-6830
https://luckycricket.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment