Monday, November 7, 2011

Risotto

We visited Risotto for the first time on October 7th. It was in the Entertainment book and I had been wanting to use the discount all year. Somehow summertime just did not say pasta to us. We made a reservation in advance, but the restaurant was pretty quiet when we arrived, so I'm not sure a reservation was necessary.

I had the funghi porcini e pollo risotto because I figured I should try the restaurant's namesake dish. The risotto had sautéed leeks, chicken and porcini mushrooms and asiago cheese. It was very good, but really, really hot when it arrived. I could not eat it for 10 minutes or so. I thought the dish was good, very creamy with a good amount of chicken in it. Sorry for the bad photos, the restaurant was very, very dark and I don't like to use my flash in restaurants.

John had the rigatoni ai sugo di carne e funghi which had italian meat sauce with sautéed mushrooms and romano cheese . He said the meat sauce had a good amount of flavor, but the pasta was a little too done and rather chewy. It looked like a large portion as well.


The service was prompt and friendly. Overall, the food was much better than any chain Italian restaurant, but it was not overly memorable because everything was just acceptable and nothing was amazing that I'd want to go back for.

Discounts: Risotto was in the 2011 Entertainment book and we got one entree free with the discount I believe. Unfortunately, they are not in the 2012 Entertainment book.

Risotto
610 W Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55408
612-823-4338
www.risottomn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment