Saturday, October 13, 2012

Zelo

I visited Zelo a couple times recently for weekday lunch with friends, so I thought I'd share photos of both visits. I have not been there in many years, so I was excited to go back since I have never heard anything but good things.

On the first visit, Kelly and I were able to sit outside on one of the last warm days of the fall. The patio is really nice and it faces Nicollet Mall, so there are a lot of people to watch if that is your thing at all.

Kelly had the walleye sandwich and french fries. She said it was very good and just the right amount of food for lunch time.
I tried the ahi tuna burger with fries. It was cooked perfectly to medium rare and the avocado really made the sandwich great. There was also a touch of wasabi aoli to give it a bit of extra spice and flavor. I really liked the french fries though. The menu says they are house cut fries and they were very light and crispy and not at all greasy, which is perfect.

A couple weeks later I went back with my friend Tracy from work. On this visit I tried the walleye sandwich. Kelly's looked so good last time, I thought I'd try it on this visit. I'm glad I ordered it, it was really good. The walleye was great, very mildly flavored with a really light, crispy breading. I really liked the lemon aoli sauce that gave it a nice tart bite overall. The bread was wonderful too, very light and fluffy, it tasted like milk bread that has become rather popular lately. The fries were really good again as well.

Tracy had the tortiglioni rossa and really enjoyed it. She also started with a ciao baby salad that I forgot to take a photo of. I had a bite of the salad and the pasta and both were great. The pasta was very flavorful with a wonderful tomato sauce. I really liked the sausage in the dish; it was flavorful without being spicy.

On both visits the service was excellent overall, very friendly and efficient. We were in and out of there within an hour, which is nice for a weekday lunch. Every now and then a nice sit down meal is a great change of pace from the usual cafeteria and skyway options, so I can't recommend it enough.

Deals & Discounts:
Zelo does not have too many deals that I am aware of, but they do have a happy hour Monday through Friday from 3-6pm where they offer a variety of food and drink specials for $5 each. I suspect the lineup changes, so I would suggest checking the website or calling for the most up to date information.

Zelo
831 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55402
612.333.7000
www.zelomn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment