Sunday, May 19, 2013

LuLu's Street Food

Since spring has arrived so late this year it has been a slow start to the food truck season, to my great dismay. I've hit the point where I am pretty sick of all the same old lunch choices in the skyways, so the food trucks are a welcome change. And it is nice to get out of the office for awhile when it is warm out.

Lulu's is a new food truck this year that caught my eye as I was wandering along Marquette the other day. Actually, the interesting items on the menu caught my eye. The truck is very bright and colorful too.
The fries were pretty good. They were definitely hand cut, but I prefer a crispier fry and most of these were rather soggy and limp. I added Cajun seasoning on them as well, which gave them a bit of added zip.


The ahi tuna tacos are the item that originally caught my eye. At $10 they are not cheap. The tortilla is commercially made and not all that great. The contents of the taco were quite good though. Inside was seared tuna, and quite a bit of it, as well as carrots, cabbage, red cabbage, peppers, sesame seeds, a wasabi mayo sauce and crispy tendrils on top. The taco was good, but it could be even better if the tortillas were better.

The service was quite fast, though other people that ordered before me were still waiting for their food, so I felt kind of bad about that. Maybe the cold items are faster to prepare.


LuLu's Street Food
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lulus-Street-Food/107004102822952

No comments:

Post a Comment