Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Murray's - lunch specials

On yet another rainy day, my co-workers and I decided to try something different for lunch. I vaguely recalled hearing that Murray's had some lunch deals, but I could not find evidence on their website regarding them. We asked when we arrived and discovered the specials still exist and are available Monday through Friday in the bar area. They also have a sidewalk sign outside listing the specials, which we all missed as we ran across the street in the rain.

The bar area was deserted when we arrived so we took a table near the window. A server stopped by to take out drink orders right away and she answered our questions about the specials and told us a bit more about them.
Jenny and Travis had the turkey special, which came with roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy. Both thought it was quite good, though Jenny thought it was rather salty.
I had the roast sirloin and truffle fries and I was very pleasantly surprised with my entree. The steak was medium rare and very, very tender. The side of au jus was a nice addition. The fries were good and the portion was quite generous.

We were seated in the bar near the windows and the service was very good. Our server checked back with us often and refilled our drinks as needed. The atmosphere in the bar was nice. It is not as formal and stiff feeling as the main dining room, which is nice in some cases, especially for a casual lunch.

We all thought the specials were a good value for the price of $10 each. There was a third special, the tuna tacos, that none of us ordered, but it also sounded good. The food was much better quality than I expected it to be. I guess for a lunch deal, I was not expecting too much, but everything was great. I look forward to going back soon for lunch again.

Deals & Discounts: Daily $10 lunch specials and a daily happy hour both available in the bar area only. Specials are listed at the bottom of their home page at http://murraysrestaurant.com/.

Murray's
26 S 6th St
Minneapolis, MN 55402
(612) 339-0909
http://www.murraysrestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment