Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Firelake food truck

Food truck season has been off to a slow start this year due to the endless cold weather and lingering rain. There have been a few nice days and some trucks have been out regardless of the weather. 

A new truck out this season is from the restaurant Firelake and it is a winner so far.

I had the waffle battered fried chicken sandwich with spicy ranch, pickles and bibb lettuce. The chicken was very good with a thick, crispy breading, not at all greasy. I did not taste a lot of the spicy ranch, just a little bit. I might have to ask for some extra on the side next time. The chicken was cooked perfectly, very juicy. I ordered chips but was given sweet potato fries by accident, I love them, so when they told me to keep them if I wanted I was very happy. The sweet potato fries were wonderful too. Very thinly cut and very crisp with a nice smoky ketchup for dipping. It added a nice bite of acidic flavor to counter the sweetness of the fries.

The prices are very affordable too. The sandwich was $5 and fries are $3 extra, but the sandwiches come with potato chips if you don’t want to pay extra for fries. I’m looking forward to trying the Blue ox burgers and the turkey burgers next time. Walleye cake sliders sound interesting as well.

Too bad this truck is only out for a limited time. I’ve been reading they are only out for one month to promote the newly remodeled downtown restaurant, so we do not have much longer to enjoy this truck unfortunately. This is good food and affordable too. I wish it would stay out indefinitely!

Firelake truck
Twitter: @FireLake


No comments:

Post a Comment