Friday, September 19, 2014

AZ Canteen food truck

We made it out to Canterbury a couple weeks ago for the final food ruck fair of the season, held during the races on a Saturday evening. It was a bit rainy when we arrived, but the weather eventually cleared up and we went down to purse the food truck selections. John and I both decided to try the AZ Canteen truck for the first time.

I had the pork belly sandwich with vinegar slaw. The pork belly was very tender and the slaw and pickled onions added just the right amount of acidity and bite. This was excellent and I need to watch for this to be on the menu again!
John had the pork sandwich with vinegar slaw and it was a large portion, but he said there were dry bits of meat in the sandwich that he did not care for very much.
I grabbed AZ Canteen one day for lunch recently, since I liked it so much at Canterbury. They did not have the pork belly on the menu so I tried the pork sandwich. It was very solid, and a large portion, though there were again a lot of dry bits of meat. I'm just not sure I'd get this sandwich again. I also got a free cookie as it was customer appreciation day. The white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie was soft and fresh.
I also tried the fresh squeezed lemonade. I think sometimes they have different flavors, but this was standard lemonade though, very good. It had just the right amount of added sugar.

Overall, the selections from the Z Canteen food truck tend to be very solid, granted some items are better than others. The specials change often and are often very creative and delicious. This is a truck to watch as they are doing a great job on a regular basis.


AZ Canteen food truck
Twitter: @azcanteen
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Andrew-Zimmerns-Canteen/419353244766708


No comments:

Post a Comment