Friday, July 8, 2016

Boston 6.8 - 6.10.2016

I had a quick trip to Boston in early June for a work conference. I didn't have time to do anything too exciting, but I thought I'd post my food and hotel experiences.

I had a quick breakfast at Terminal 2 at MSP at Barrio. The breakfast sandwich is very, very solid. I also learned to make sure your Trusted Traveler number is in the reservation or you have to go through the regular security line. Or I should have brought my card. Lines are short at Terminal 2 anyway.
I stayed at Club Quarters Boston. This is the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in for sure. The location was near our Boston offices and it is on the approved hotel list, at the right price, so basically I did not get to pick. Oh well.



hotel room view
Before heading to the face for the afternoon I had lunch at Hillstone near Faneuil Hall. The tuna entree was excellent.

After work I walked over to the North End to try and get in at Neptune Oyster. It was early, and I got a spot at the bar right away. The warm lobster roll was really great.
Afterwards, I stopped by the Cheers at Faneuil Hall. It was pretty touristy and didn't look like the TV show inside or outside at all.
Headed back to the hotel and called it a day, since I'd been up since 5am for the 7am flight.
Thursday I had a conference to attend for work all day, but first I visited Cafe Fleuri at the Langham Hotel. The room was very nice and the crab Benedict was excellent as was the service.
After the conference I walked over toward the Barking Crab. It was a bit windy and chilly outside, and the reviews were very mixed, so I went to the Overlook Bar and Restaurant right behind the Barking Crab.
I had the tuna poke
I had breakfast at Remy's Sports Bar near check-in at the airport. It was not great, but serviceable anyway. There was nothing after security where my gate was, so I ended up going through twice. It was only three gates and not much of a line anyway.

The flight home was uneventful and even though I did not have the time to do much in Boston, I managed to dine at a few interesting places.


No comments:

Post a Comment