Thursday, February 2, 2017

Birchwood Cafe

We’ve been wanting to visit Birchwood Café for awhile now, but the lines out the door have deterred us in the past. Pro tip: visit in January, fairly early in the morning and the lines are not bad at all.

The ordering process is a tiny bit different here, you order and pay at the register, then take a seat and the food is brought out as it is ready.  Servers do come around to refill beverages throughout your visit,  which is nice.
John had the eggs as you wish with two scrambled eggs, grilled birdseed toast and potatoes on the side. He also added a side of bacon. The bacon was amazing too. John mentioned that the potatoes were really good even though they were not hash browns.
I had the savory waffle,  which I had seen in an article someplace. It is a kale, quinoa and feta waffle topped with pineapple chutney, lemon rosemary butter, sunflower seeds, bacon lardoons, sunny-side egg, maple syrup, and powdered sugar. It really is phenomenal and there are so many toppings that the flavors are different in every bite. My bacon was a bit on the super crisp side, but I still enjoyed it. I can’t believe the waffle had kale, quinoa and feta in it. I feel like I was tricked into eating healthy. Which I probably need.

Birchwood is a great neighborhood place, I wished we lived nearby. It is a nice casual spot for breakfast, lunch or dinner and the menu has many vegetarian friendly and gluten free options if you are looking for that sort of thing.


Birchwood Café
3311 East 25th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406
Phone: (612) 722-4474
http://birchwoodcafe.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment