Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Habanero Tacos food truck

I am happy to say that food truck season is back up and running for the summer! There have been a few nice days here and there, but I didn't have time to get out there yet. This erratic weather is my nemesis.

I tried the Habanero Tacos truck last week. I saw they had tacos el pastor and I could not resist. The tacos were pretty good, but the pork was a bit on the dry side. They were pretty authentic though with good amounts of grilled pineapple inside and onion, cilantro and lime on the side. They also serve salsas and chips. The pork did not have a ton of flavor so the salsa helped spice things up a little bit, but none of the salsas were spicy. A hot salsa would be nice, though the tomatillo had a nice bright, freshly made flavor.

Though these were not as good as the best el pastor tacos I've had in Puerto Vallarta, they were not bad. The Habanero Tacos truck has some other meat options as well as burritos, quesadillas and something called alambres, which will bring me back to try it again.


Habanero Tacos
Twitter: @HabaneroTacos

No comments:

Post a Comment