Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Baja Haus

We visited Baja Haus in Wayzata for my birthday. I have been wanting to try it but I had a feeling between the fresh fish on the menu and the cocktails, the bill would escalate quickly. Also, it looks like I forgot to take a few photos, so we will just have to go back again soon. The menu overall looked very interesting and delicious as we love fresh fish selections and the Mexico theme due to our many vacations there.

We started with the augachile ceviche with tortilla chips. I’ve forgotten what the fish was, some sort of tuna I think. It was very good with lots of fresh fish and quite filling as we also ordered chips and guacamole to start.

We both ordered tacos as we were getting full from all of the tortilla chips earlier. I had the tempura fish tacos topped with avocado crema, cabbage slaw and grilled pineapple salsa. John had the pasilla mole shrimp tacos topped with serrano cabbage slaw, pumpkin seeds and lime crema. 

We finished with a dessert of tres leches cake with pineapple on the side. It was very good and much lighter than I expected.

The service was excellent and we really enjoyed all of the food. One thin to note, all of the food has a good amount of spice to it, they do not shy away from flavor at all, which is just fine with us. They also have a  great happy hour we need to keep in mind for future visits. 


Baja Haus 
830 Lake St E 
Wayzata, MN 55391
Phone: (952) 476-0816


No comments:

Post a Comment