Thursday, February 3, 2022

Minnesota State Fair 2021

The Minnesota State Fair was back in 2021 after being canceled due to the Covid pandemic in 2020. Who ever would have thought that the fair would be cancelled in modern times?  2020 was only the sixth cancellation of the fair since its inception. 

I was happy to hear the 2021 fair was on and also a bit nervous. We waffled a bit and ended up going a couple times anyway. My rationale was that most food vendors and attractions are outdoors anyway and we would mask up for the bus ride and to go inside buildings. And we survived just fine. We even got Covid tested  afterwards and didn't catch anything. 

The first evening we visited the fair was pretty early in the run and on a rainy day, so attendance was very sparse. Which was my plan. And empty fair is a great time. And it was emptier than I've ever seen it. 

really, really sparse....
corn roast
turkey to go
World's greatest french fries
Nashville hot chicken on a stick
pirogies from the Blue Barn
fried pickles
fresh french fries
higher attendance on a nicer day
beer sampler from Minnesota Craft Beers Guild
We rode the Great Big Wheel again this year


fresh baked brownie 
Kerala fried chicken kati roll from Hot Indian Foods in the Food Building 

I'm pretty sure I forgot to take photos of some food items. I know I had a pronto pup, but I guess I was so excited about it I spaced on the photo. There's probably more where that came from. 

Well, 2021 was a unusual year for the Minnesota State Fair, but I am glad it was not cancelled again. And looking back, Covid levels were actually quite low then, so it worked out fine.  



No comments:

Post a Comment