Thursday, January 19, 2012

Erte - 12/9/11

This post is long overdue in a couple of ways. First, Erte is one of our favorite places for steak in the Twin Cities and I can't believe I have not written about it yet and second, because we visited well over a month ago and my post is very late.

As a result of waiting so long to post photos, I can't recall what kind of soup I  had. I believe it was vegetable curry, but I could be wrong. It was ok, I was not crazy about the curry flavor though. Not sure I would order it again.
John had the house salad with their homemade French dressing. The French dressing is really good and even a bit spicy.
All entrees come with bread and choice of soup or salad as well as a small container of assorted olives and peppers.
We both ordered the House Sirloin. This is an excellent steak even though it is the most inexpensive steak on their menu. It is always very tender and it comes with their homemade steak sauce which had a wonderful savory flavor. It is much less salty than the usual A1 steak sauce most places offer.
I tried the Sweet Potato Mashers on this visit. I do not recall these on the menu on previous visits; they might be a new item. They were very good and a nice change from the usual mashed potatoes.
John ordered the hash browns as his side item. They are quite good here as they are very crispy.
Erte is often referred to as a budget steakhouse. I feel it is a great steakhouse and a wonderful restaurant overall and we have always had good experiences here.

Discounts: Erte is in the Entertainment coupon book as well as the Twin Cities Dining Club. The Entertainment book discount is for up to $18 off when two entrees are purchased and the Dining Club discount is for up to $11 off when two entrees are purchased. Keep in mind, the Dining Club discount is good once a month and the Entertainment discount is a one time discount. Erte also has an excellent happy hour M-F from 4-7pm. I recommend checking the website or calling them for details. The Peacock lounge is a great space for drinks before or after your meal.


Erte Restaurant323 13th Avenue N.E. • Minneapolis Mn 55413
Reservations
(612) 623-4211
Hours
Mon-Thur 4:30-9:00
Fri-Sat 4:00-11:00
www.ertedining.com



No comments:

Post a Comment