Monday, April 9, 2012

Keys Cafe

I've been to Key's at the Foshay a couple times recently, once for lunch and once for dinner. It is conveniently located, the food is good and the service is always friendly, quick and efficient. I've been wanting to visit for breakfast or brunch with John so when I recently saw a Daily Deal I snapped it up.


On this visit I ordered the Farmer's omelet which has ham, onions, hash browns and American cheese inside. It also came with a side of toast with homemade strawberry jam. The omelet was gigantic and very tasty. I'd definitely order it again.


John had the Number 1 combo with egg whites, turkey sausage, hash browns and toast. The turkey sausage was really good and not at all bland like turkey sausage sometimes can be. He also ordered grapefruit juice, which was fresh squeezed with lots of pulp.

I remembered to take a couple photos when I went for lunch with co-workers the week before the breakfast visit. We like going to Key's for lunch because the service is very quick and the food is always good.


I had the french dip with sweet potato tater tots. I think it may have been a special as it is not on their regular menu. The sweet potato tots are a new menu item and pretty good, though I think they could use a dipping sauce of some sort maybe. The french dip was quite good and the au jus was a bit more like gravy than standard au jus, but it had a nice garlic flavor that was very tasty.


My co-worker had the chips and guacamole, which is also a new menu item. The guacamole was quite good, but the chips were just ok, your average packaged chips. It is a good menu choice if you just want a little snack.

Deals & Discounts: On our breakfast visit we used a Voice Daily Deal from I bought form City Pages deals which got us $20 credit for $10. The Foshay location has a daily happy hour from 3-7pm as well.

Key's at the Foshay
114 South 9th Street  
Minneapolis, MN 55402
(612) 339-6399

www.keysfoshay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment