Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Q Fanatic update

We make it to Q Fanatic every so often, even though it is not really close to where we live, but I often forget to take photos on our visits. (Actually, I forget to take a lot of food photos when I'm really, really hungry!) Anyway, in my opinion, other than Ted Cook's BBQ, I'd say Q Fanatic has some of the best ribs in town. But we have a lot of other places around town we need to try yet.


On this visit, I had the BBQ brisket with vodka sauce and a side of baked beans. The brisket was very tender with a nice touch of smoked flavor to the meat. The meat was somewhat fatty, but I just cut it off as I think it probably adds flavor to the meat while cooking. I had the vodka sauce, which is sort of peppery and sort of spicy all at the same time. They charge extra for it, but it is worth it. They offer a wide variety of sauces at Q Fanatic and all of them are very good. Seems like they have a sauce type to fit almost everyone's taste. I also had a side of baked beans and they were really good and had a lot of added meat. I ended up taking home most of the beans and the second dinner roll to eat later.


John had a half rack of ribs with vodka sauce and a side of wedge potatoes. The ribs are quite tender and there's a lot of meat on the bones. He really likes the vodka sauce because it is spicy but not overly so. When you order they do ask if you want the sauce applied to the ribs or on the side. The wedge potatoes are good as well; they seem to be fresh cut potatoes and they are very crispy with a bit of seasoning salt on them.

Q Fanatic is very casual, you just order at the counter and they bring the food out to you when it is ready. They seem to be in the process of expanding into the adjacent space as well, but I don't think the project is complete yet. The dining area is quite a bit larger and more open than it was in the past so it will look nice once it is finished.

Deals & Discounts: Q Fanatic has a punch card in the Metro Dining Club, which is good monthly (buy one entree, get one free, up to $8) and the are also in the Twin Cities Happenings/Entertainment book (buy one entree, get one free, up to $8).


Q Fanatic
180 Miller Rd., 
Champlin, MN 55316
Phone: 763.323.6550

No comments:

Post a Comment