Wednesday, April 25, 2012

World Street Kitchen food truck

I think I've discovered my new favorite lunch spot and my new favorite lunch food. Check out the Korean BBQ short ribs yum yum rice bowl from World Street Kitchen below. Ok, ok it is not a bowl, but a box, but they call it a bowl on their menu for some reason! I tried it for the first time last week and I was dying to go back and try it again this week. Yesterday they did not have it on the menu, but they had it today. Maybe they only have it available on certain days of the week. I'm not sure yet, but I intend to figure it out!

Anyway, this box contains a multitude of goodies. I had to make a list of the contents the first time I tried it since I kept running into more and more delicious goodness. They start with sticky rice and piled on top is Korean BBQ short rib meat, mushrooms, chinese broccoli, caramelized onions, green onions, a poached egg, peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro, Thai basil, and some special sauce. There could have been more goodies I missed!

The meat was tender and had a sweet BBQ sauce on it. There is a nice hit of crunch from the chinese broccoli and the other greens too. The secret sauce is a little bit spicy, though I did see some people adding some rooster sauce to their orders. All of the ingredients fit together really well and you get a different flavor combination in every bite.

This is really enough for two meals since the box contains a lot of food. Some might feel the $10 price tag is a bit steep, but the ingredients are high quality and freshly made. That combination is harder to find among the lunchtime options downtown that you might think.

With WSK and all food trucks, I recommend following them on Twitter to find out their daily hours, location and menus. This truck is always pretty much always parked at Nicollet Mall and 5th Street in the corner of a parking lot next to the light rail station.


World Street Kitchen
www.eatwsk.com
Twitter: @eatwsk1

No comments:

Post a Comment