Monday, September 10, 2012

People's Organic

I was kind of excited to see they were opening another location of People's Organic in the IDS center, though I have never been to the original location in Edina. I figured it would be a good lunch option.

I tried the Chicken and Goat Cheese Ciabatta on my first visit. It was a decent sandwich, lots of tart goat cheese, maybe too much actually, and lots of chicken, as well as two big hunks of roasted tomato and a couple pieces of spinach. I thought the ciabatta bread was just OK. Overall, the sandwich was a bit bland, though I think it was missing the tomato aoili that was supposed to be on it. The chips are just your average kettle chips, I probably should have tried the coleslaw or a side salad instead.

I stopped by another day for breakfast, first thing in the morning and ordered the People's Organic Breakfast Croissant. This was a great sandwich. It had eggs, Gruyere cheese, bacon, tomatoes and guacamole on a croissant. The croissant was very light and flaky and I liked the guacamole inside the egg and the bacon added a nice touch of salt so it all worked together well. The potatoes were a bit undercooked for my taste, but they were a nice side. It made for a very hearty meal. I was full all morning and did not need lunch!

The service is counter service, so nothing too special. They have quite a bit of seating in the Crystal Court, which is nice. It is a great spot to people watch.

I must admit, I am a bit underwhelmed with their lunch menu, but the breakfast choices are great. Maybe I need a to try a few more items from their salad choices next time.

People's Organic
IDS Crystal Court
80 South 8th Street
Minneapolis, MN
612.353.5499

No comments:

Post a Comment