Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Taco John's

Yes, I'm really writing a post about Taco John's. Why? Well, it is an old favorite growing up in Mankato for me. I was very excited to learn that there were two Taco John's locations in downtown Minneapolis too. I honestly think it is a good lunch option if you are looking for inexpensive food that tastes good. And I may be addicted to it or something.

The soft shell tacos are pretty basic and standard with meat, cheese, salsa and lettuce. I think they are good for a light lunch anyway. They sort of remind me of tacos you might make at home though.

One of my current favorites is the mini super nachos. They are just the perfect size for a light lunch. I feel way too guilty if I order the regular sized super nachos! Anyway, there is ground beef, refried beans, nacho cheese, shredded cheese, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream and a couple black olives. You have to eat them right away or else the chips get soggy from the nacho cheese.

Taco John's also has a variety of specials throughout the week. If you go on the right day it can make for a very cheap lunch. But beware! The lines on Taco Tuesday can be quite long!

Daily Specials:
Monday: Free churros with any combo (Six Quebec location at least)
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday hard shell tacos $0.69
Wednesday: $1 off Meat and Potato burrito
Thursday: $1 off Taco Bravo
Friday: soft shells $0.99 each

Taco John's
Downtown locations: TCF Tower and Six Quebec building

Taco John's #8034
(612) 339-2396
121 S 8th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402

Taco John's #8045
(612) 332-7000
607 Marquette Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402

No comments:

Post a Comment