Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Matt's Bar


It has been a few years since we stopped in to Matt's Bar for a jucy lucy. I sort of crave the darn things once in awhile for some odd reason. And there is the never ending debate over which place in town has the best jucy lucy. I find it so difficult to call a clear winner as the burgers at Matt's and the 5-8 Club are rather different sandwiches really.

There was a long line when we arrived at Matt's, though it moved pretty quickly and we were seated within 15 minutes. The place was smaller than I remembered it, though they have as many tables wedged in as possible. I had never noticed the super groovy gold wallpaper on the side wall toward the back. The service is quick and efficient.

The jucy lucy was great as usual. It was freshly made and you have to wait awhile till the cheese cools off so you don't sear your mouth on the molten cheese. I added grilled onions to my burger as well.
The fries were good too, though I don't think anyone goes there for the fries. You just nibble on them until your burger is safe to eat.

They only have beer, wine and pop to drink; no hard liquor drinks. The menu is pretty basic as well, but I'd suggest sticking with the jucy lucy as that is what they are known for.


Matt's Bar

3500 Cedar Ave  
Minneapolis, MN 55407
(612) 722-7072
www.mattsbar.com



No comments:

Post a Comment