Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wally's

There are only a few places around town that have really good roast beef sandwiches. Wally's, Maverick's Roast Beef and the Bloomy's truck. Somehow, I have not done a post about Wally's or Maverick's yet!

Lately, I've been ordering the French dip when I go to Wally's. It is a little larger than their standard roast beef sandwich and it comes with a wonderful au jus with good garlic flavor. The French dip was very good, with excellent, rare, roast beef. I love that they serve the standard Heinz BBQ sauce, it tastes great with the roast beef really. Their horseradish sauce is great too. It is quite spicy and not for wimps! Unfortunately, I don't love they french fries at Wally's. I often skip them. They are chewy and soggy and not at all crisp. I wonder if they make them too far ahead of time possibly.


If you have not been to Wally's in a couple years, you should know that they moved to a new location just south of 494 on Penn a couple years ago. There is more parking available, so I consider the move a good thing, since it was sometimes hard to find a parking spot at the old location.


Wally's
8120 Penn Avenue South  
Bloomington, MN 55431
(952) 884-4349
Open for lunch only, Monday - Saturday
http://wallysroastbeef.com

No comments:

Post a Comment