Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Rosa Mexicano - 20 minute lunch

My co-worker Jenny and I decided to check out Rosa Mexicano over lunch the other day. She had visited for restaurant week and saw a special express lunch deal, which sounded great to both of us.

The express lunch includes guacamole, chips, tortilla soup, taco of the day and the espresso flan for $12. It arrives in 20 minutes or less if the whole table orders it. The server also brought us chips and salsa. The salsas were quite good; one was a spicy tomatillo salsa and the other had a smoky tomato flavor. The taco of the day was a lightly breaded fish taco with pickled vegetables. I loved the guacamole, it was very fresh tasting. The only thing is they do not make the guacamole table side if you order the express lunch. I love things prepared table side! Anyway, the taco was really good too. I liked the tortilla soup a lot also, though I did not detect any tortillas in it. It had a nice lightly spicy tomato flavor and some chicken and cheese in it. I liked the flan more than I thought I would. The crust at the bottom had a chocolate flavor with a lightly espresso flavored sauce.


We both thought the food was tasty and it was a good value. The waitress asked if we were full afterwards and she said she was still hungry when she had the express lunch, but we both thought it was the perfect amount of food. It was not so much that you fall asleep at your desk and enough that I was full.

The service was good and our food arrived in a timely manner. Our beverages were refilled frequently. The room is beautiful and relaxing and it was not very busy over lunch on a Friday. We even made it back to work before our lunch hour was over, which is pretty impressive.


Rosa Mexicano
609 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(612) 656-7144
http://www.rosamexicano.com

No comments:

Post a Comment