Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Red Pepper - Grand Forks, ND

I don't know how I've forgotten to do a post on the Red Pepper in Grand Forks. We have been there many times and even gotten grinder kits to bring home. It is a favorite fast, affordable food option among locals, as well as UND students and alumni. I hesitate to call it fast food, because it tastier and more unique than your average fast food.

On a recent trip to North Dakota to visit John's family, we stopped in after going out for a few drinks. I believe that night time is the best time to visit the Red Pepper anyway.

John had a cheese tostada and a beef tostada. I guess I forgot to take a photo of his beef tostada. The cheese tostada is just cheese with a bit of Red Pepper hot sauce on a plain tostada. The hot sauce has a bit more zip to it than one expects in North Dakota though.

I ordered a beef taco and a combo tostada. I think the best thing about the tacos and tostadas is the freshly grated Colby cheese. All of the toppings are fresh, crisp and recently chopped as well. No brown lettuce here. For some reason they do not have forks available. I have become quite proficient at eating my tostada with a spoon though.

The original Red Pepper in downtown Grand Forks. 

The Red Pepper has lots of quirks, but the food is tasty and affordable. I think everyone likes it that way and I hope it remains the same for years to come. And I promise to take a photo of a taco grinder on my next visit!


Red Pepper
1011 University Ave  
Grand Forks, ND 58203
(701) 775-9671
http://www.redpepper.com

No comments:

Post a Comment