Thursday, July 18, 2013

Angel Food Bakery - Cro-knots

I stopped into Angel Food bakery the other day to pick up some breakfast. I was hoping they would have the famed cronut or as Angel Food is calling them, cro-knots. The cronut is a hybrid of a donut and a croissant and bakeries in New York have been selling them like crazy. Apparently these are the hot new thing in the baked goods world. A bakery in New York has already trademarked the name cronut, so Angel Food had a Facebook contest and is now calling them cro-knots.  I suppose the fact that this is a new innovation in baked goods, makes this a really big deal. I know I for one can’t recall the last time a new category of baked good was invented. So, I admit, I was excited to try a cro-knot.

Turns out the cro-knot is worth all the hype. It was very light, fluffy and flaky just like a croissant. The glaze added just the right amount of sweetness. Though I admit I love croissants, so I figured I'd love these too. I was right. I just wished I'd bought more of them! Guess I will have to go back soon!


Here is a link to my visit to Angel Food last year:
http://whereshouldwegomsp.blogspot.com/2012/05/angel-food-bakery-coffee-bar.html


Angel Food Bakery & Coffee Bar
86 S 9th St
Minneapolis, MN 55402
(612) 238-1435
www.angelfoodmn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment