Thursday, September 26, 2013

World Street Kitchen - truck and restaurant revisited

I have a couple more recently revisited items to share. Apparently I’ve been eating at WSK a lot in the last week or two. It is so good, I can’t stay away! I wish we lived closer!


John and I went to the restaurant one weeknight for dinner. It was not busy at all, though it was pretty early in the evening. He had the burrito again, but I tried something new, the MFC biscuit sandwich. This sandwich is amazing! It is what they call Moroccan fried chicken with carrot/preserved lemon salad and spicy feta spread on a cheddar scallion biscuit. The biscuit reminds me of the Red Lobster cheddar biscuits. However, this biscuit is a bit sturdier to hold the chicken and other contents. I also think WSK should fry up whole chickens, because the breading on this chicken breast was outstanding. It was light, but very crispy and flaky and there was a hint of spice as well. The chicken was very juicy too. The carrot and preserved lemon salad gave the sandwich a tart and cooling after bite and the spicy feta was indeed spicy, but it was not overpowering with the chicken and the bread. The sandwich did not look that large, but I was full when I was finished.


MFC biscuit sandwich



I stopped at the WSK food truck this week as well. I saw on twitter they had a steak sandwich on special, so I had to try it. The so-called twenty dollar steak sandwich has shaved rib eye, caramelized onions and truffled taleggio fondue on a toasted baguette. The meat was well done, but not at all overdone or chewy. The cheese over the top was divine. Very rich and flavorful. All for $12. It was a very large and filling sandwich. I would order this again!


World Street Kitchen
2743 Lyndale Ave. S  #5,
Minneapolis, MN 55408
(612) 424-8855
www.eatwsk.com/
Twitter: @eatwsk1


No comments:

Post a Comment