Saturday, March 22, 2014

Asia Max

It's been awhile since I've had a post regarding skyway lunches. There have been a lot of closures in the skyways and not many new places opening. It seems like there are a lot of marginal Chinese places and the key seems to be finding the dishes some places do better than average.

A co-worker mentioned she liked the coconut shrimp at Asia Max and it sounded good to me as well, so I stopped in recently. I also ordered a side of spicy green beans, which are reliably good. The green beans are actually pretty spicy and quite fresh tasting. A choice of white rice or fried rice is offered. I think fried rice might be an up-charge. The coconut shrimp are quite good too. They are crisp and not at all greasy. A side of dipping sauce is offered as well, but it is also coconut flavored, so I did not care for it much. It just overpowered the flavor of the shrimp. I used duck sauce from the packets to dip the shrimp in and that was a nice contrast to the coconut.  Asia Max is a good choice for skyway lunches if you know what to order.


Asia Max
2 locations in the skyway
U.S. Bancorp Center - Skyway
800 Nicollet Mall , Suite 270 
Minneapolis, MN 55402
612-978-8868

One Financial Plaza-Skyway 
120 South 6th Street, Suite 215
Minneapolis, MN 55402
612-483-1634

http://www.asianmaxrestaurant.com


No comments:

Post a Comment