Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Red Cow

I visited Red Cow in Minneapolis recently for dinner with a couple of friends. I think a Blockbuster used to be in this location. Nice to see those are getting re-purposed I guess. There was a wait when we arrived. I was quoted 90 minutes, but I think the wait was only 30 minutes.

Michele and I started with the chips and onion dip, which I forgot to take a photo of. The chips are house made and very crisp and flavorful. Isn’t it nice when potato chips taste like actual potatoes? They were not greasy at all. And the onion dip was very rich and creamy.

I had the tuna burger and fries. The tuna burger was very good with the burger being just lightly seared as requested. It was topped with Asian slaw, which added a nice crispness to the burger and the wasabi mayonnaise added some spice. The fries were house made and very good. Though I think I should have tried the sweet potato fries. Next time!

Kelly had the patty melt and fries. The Patty melt was topped with caramelized onions and Swiss cheese on caraway rye.

Michele had the pork sandwich and fries. The pork is braised in root beer and topped with coleslaw and barbeque sauce.

The service was very good throughout our visit with our server checking back frequently to refill drinks and see if we needed anything else.

Deals & Discounts: A daily happy hour is offered from 3-6pm and 10pm to close. Food and drink specials are included. I recommend checking their website for the most current information. http://redcowmn.com/happy-hour/


Red Cow
3624 W 50th Street
Minneapolis, MN
(612) 767-4411
http://redcowmn.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment