Monday, April 11, 2016

Haute Dish - brunch

It is time for yet another installment of the brunch chronicles. This time we made it to Haute Dish. I have heard about their sourdough waffles for awhile now and as you may know, we have a thing for sourdough toast. So sourdough waffles sounded excellent to both of us.

We both went for the chicken and waffles. The chicken is buttermilk fried chicken, sough dough waffles and bacon maple syrup. The stuff that looks like a dollop of butter was actually some sort of savory ice cream. I loved the ice cream, John did not care for it much. I found it a nice replacement for butter really.
The waffle had a nice sour dough flavor and the bacon maple syrup was really good. There were actual pieces of bacon in this syrup too! Nice flavor. The chicken was excellent too. It had a crisp skin and was juicy inside. The portion was huge too. I was only able to eat half of mine and it made a great meal the next day. We both loved this dish. I love how Haute Dish takes a basic dish and improves and elevates it.

There are a few more intriguing items on the menu that I would like to try. I bet the chilaquiles are great. Next time!


Haute Dish
119 Washington Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55401
(612) 338-8484
http://haute-dish.com



No comments:

Post a Comment