Thursday, April 14, 2016

Jake's Stadium Pizza - Mankato

I’ve been in Mankato a lot recently, so I thought I might as well share a few finds from Southern Minnesota in case you find yourself in town.

Jake’s Stadium pizza has been around for as long as I can remember. According to their website it has been around since 1964. I’m not that old, so no wonder I think it has been there forever. It moved to a newer building in 2010, but the inside center portion of the dining room looks the same as the old location pretty much. I suppose someone would have missed the orange plastic booths if they did not bring them to the new location.

We had a thin crust pepperoni and sausage pizza. The sauce had a nice fresh flavor and the toppings were generously applied. The crust was nice and crisp too. I liked how the edges of the pepperoni crisped and curled up on the edges a bit. It is a solid pizza at a good price. A medium was $12.10 with two toppings and that was plenty for two of us, with a few pieces leftover.

This pizza is what I would call your standard Minnesota style pizza. It has a thin crust, lots of cheese, lots of toppings and it is cut into squares. I must admit, I never knew that was an official type of pizza, but I guess cutting pizza into squares is not done in many other places.


Jake’s Stadium Pizza
330 Stadium Rd
Mankato, MN 56001
Phone:(507) 345-5420
http://jakesstadiumpizza.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment