Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bullfrog Bar


We visited Bullfrog Cajun Bar on 2/3/12, because I'd recently bought a Crowd Cut certificate thinking it sounded like a good deal and was somewhere I wanted to try. The certificate was $30 certificate for $15.

We found free parking at a meter in the next block over since it was after 6pm. They do not have a dedicated parking lot that we could find. It was fairly busy when we arrived and we seated ourselves. The noise level was pretty loud, due to a large group and the music was a bit loud as well. The noise level was not so bad we could not carry on a conversation though.

I ordered the shrimp po'boy and sweet potato fries. I also added seasoned sour cream to dip the sweet potato fries in. This was an excellent sandwich, and I was not expecting I'd like it so much since I was comparing it to the shrimp po'boy from the Smack Shack food truck. The sandwich contained a large number of shrimp and the breading was not too thick either. There was some sort of sauce on the bun, which was mayo or mayo based and very good. I also added some hot sauce to spice it up a bit. The sweet potato fries were really good as well. I really liked this sandwich and I'd come back and order it again.
John had the catfish po'boy and cole slaw. The sandwich was good with a good bun and crispy breading on the catfish. It was really good with the hot sauce added to it as well.
I liked the Bullfrog Bar crocks on the table! The Louisiana Hot Sauce is really good on the po'boys as well.
They had a wide variety of beers on tap and many were unusual selections. Apparently Bullfrog is owned by the same people that own the Bulldog Bars around town. I had forgotten this tidbit. I suppose that explains the interesting beer lists.

Discounts: We bought a certificate from Crowd Cut and used it on this visit. We also used 4square to check in and there was a deal through American Express for $5 off if you registered your AmEx card in advance. I believe the $5 off is in the form of a statement credit. They also have a happy hour but it ended at 6pm, not sure of the start time.

Bullfrog Cajun Bar
1111 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403
612-339-0638
bullfrogcajunbar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment