Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Runyon's 1/6/12


We decided to finally check out Runyon’s since it is always on the Twin Cities lists for best wings in town. I quite like the atmosphere as it is a very old school bar, with a long bar down one side and tables and booths on the other side. When we arrived we simply seated ourselves and a waitress stopped by right away to take our drink orders.

I ordered the buffalo shrimp. The shrimp were cooked properly and the portion was generous. I think I would have preferred this item if the shrimp had some breading on them. I suppose without the breading this is a healthier option, but it would be tastier if breaded and fried! Also, they have a great blue cheese sauce at Runyon's. It is very thick with lots of blue cheese chunks in it. We also ordered some fries. We received a gigantic basket of fries! The fries were good. I'm not sure if they were fresh or frozen. Frozen I think. 


John liked the wings, but felt the sauce on them was not very spicy and would have been better if it was spicier. I thought the level of spice was ok and I really like how their wings are very crispy on the outside. 
My friend Michele joined us on this outing and she ordered the cheeseburger and fries. She said it was a pretty good burger, nothing wrong with it, nothing really memorable about it either.


Overall, the food received mixed results on this visit. I liked the wings and atmosphere and I'd suggest Runyon's  to others. 

Runyon’s
107 Washington Ave N
MinneapolisMN 55401

(612) 332-7158

1 comment:

  1. Blast from the past...I LOVED Runyons and attended many a happy hour there! I never had much food when I visited though... Fun entry to read!

    ReplyDelete