Friday, February 17, 2012

Hell's Kitchen

We went to Hell's Kitchen for Saturday brunch. We've been meaning to check it out for awhile and I tend to forget about it since they are downtown. It is worth the trouble to come downtown on a Saturday though.

We arrived mid-morning and there was a short wait. Reservations might be a good idea, especially if there is some sort of event downtown.

I decided to order the Huevos Rancheros and I added bacon to it as well, per a menu suggestion. This was really good! It was cold out and I was in the mod for something spicy. The salsa on top was really good and tasted freshly made. Lots of flavor. It also had black beans, scrambled eggs, hash browns, cheese, and a tortilla on the bottom. I maybe should have ordered it with guacamole on it and left off the sour cream as I mostly ate around the sour cream. My small attempt at eating healthy I guess. This was very delicious and I'd order it again.
John ordered the classic all American breakfast with scrambled eggs, bison sausage, toast and rosti potatoes. The rosti potatoes are really good. They tasted rather rich and buttery. I tried a bite of them and wished I'd ordered some! I also had a bite of toast with their house made peanut butter. Oh, the peanut butter is soooo good. John liked the peanut butter a lot and he does not care for peanut butter at all. He was not crazy about the bison sausage as it was quite dry.
They even had breakfast entertainment. I believe the group was a Johnny Cash cover band. It was not overly loud either, just made this brunch unique. And going to Hell is certainly a unique experience. Sorry had to make the joke! No, really, they have a lot of interesting sayings and artwork on the walls that fit the theme.

Discounts: Can't say I've ever come across any coupons for Hell's Kitchen. They do have a good happy hour though. Beers starting at $2 and food starting at $3. Check it out here: www.hellskitcheninc.com/HK/happy-hour/.

Hell's Kitchen
80 9th St S
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402
(612) 332-4700

www.hellskitcheninc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment