Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Great Steak and Potato Co.

I've been working in downtown Minneapolis since June of last year and I love it so far. One of the many reasons I love downtown is the variety of lunch options available in the skyways. That goodness for the skyways. I'd never leave the office otherwise! 

A good sandwich option I was introduced to by a co-worker was Great Steak and Potato Co. They specialize in grilled sandwiches and baked potatoes with assorted toppings. 

On this visit I ordered the Great Steak Cheesesteak which is steak, onions and provolone cheese. You can choose from assorted toppings like lettuce, tomato and onion. I also ordered a side of fries. The fries are some of the best I've found downtown; very crispy and not greasy at all. They also have a really good ranch dressing you can ask for to put on the sandwich or dip the fries in. (They usually don't charge extra for ranch either! Just ask for it at the end of the line when they ask what you want on your sandwich.) I know, I know, it's terrible to dip fries in ranch, but it is a very tasty treat sometimes! The sandwich was pretty good too with steak, fried onions and cheese sauteed together. The sandwich is not bad, but it could be better if the bun was toasted possibly. The quality of the meat is just ok; sometimes it can be a bit gristly. 


Great Steak is located in a food court on the third floor of Gavidae Common with other fast food options like McDonalds, Subway, Broadway Pizza, Manchu Wok and Kabobs Indian Grill. It's a good spot if you are with a group of indecisive people at lunch.

Discounts: I have not seen any coupons for Great Steak. It seems like a lot of places downtown don't offer discounts at lunch time anyway.

Great Steak and Potato Co.
Gavidae Common
Food Court, third floor
651 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55402
www.thegreatsteak.com/

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I miss the days of eating lunch on third floor of Gavidae Commons! That brings back font memories! Is the Sky Room at Macys (formerly MF) still around - I also LOVED that place! Maybe I just miss Minneapolis! Happy skywalk eating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fond memories, not font memories...ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete