Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Good Day Cafe

I thought I wrote a post about breakfast at Good Day Cafe ages ago, but I think I have forgotten to take photos on our many past visits. (I did write a post about a dinner visit there back in March.) Apparently I am often totally starving while there so photos totally slip my mind. This probably happens because there is always a wait for a table here and there is no way around it unfortunately.

John had the glazed doughnut pancakes with a side of bacon. The bacon here is always top notch, very thick and smoky tasting. The pancakes were very good, quite fluffy and very sweet as the name would lead you to believe. They probably don't need any additional syrup, there must be sugar in the batter. John thought they were a bit too sweet and would not get them again, but if you have a sweet tooth they might be perfect for you. I had a bite and thought they were tasty, but I can see them getting too sweet after awhile.
I had Iggy's Fried Egg sandwich, which is one of my favorite sandwiches of all time. I order this on just about every visit. It contains ham, fried egg, caramelized onion, tomato, cheddar cheese, and avocado on sourdough bread. It comes with a side of spicy ketchup, but I don't usually put that on the sandwich. I really think the avocado makes the sandwich totally perfect. But I think avocado makes everything better. It is also served with a side of GDC potatoes, which are sliced potatoes with onions and seasoning.  This is a huge sandwich and I usually end up taking half of it home to eat later. It's good even reheated.

The service at Good Day Cafe is always friendly and efficient and the food arrive rather quickly. The place is usually packed and they are pretty great at getting you in and out as quickly as possible.

One tip I've learned to shorten the wait slightly is to call ahead before you leave the house and ask them to add you to the waiting list.

Good Day Cafe
5410 Wayzata Blvd
Golden Valley, MN 55416
(763) 544-0205


No comments:

Post a Comment