Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ike's Food & Cocktails

Must confess... Ike's is one of my favorite spots downtown for lunch, dinner, happy hour or brunch. I also love the airport location. It is darn close to being as good as the main location, which is hard to do as airport locations of most dining spots tend to be not nearly as great as the originals.

We decided to stop in to Ike's recently before a Twins game. Silly me, I forgot to make a reservation so we had to wait 15 minutes or so. Not bad, but the place is tiny so I don't know what I was thinking by not calling ahead.

John started off with one of their signature bloody Mary's. There is a buffet of goodies on a stick in there. It is apparently a great bloody too, though those are not my thing at all. John said it was good because it was spicy and did not taste like a mix.
John had the bacon cheese burger and fries to eat. I love the fries as they are very crispy and I think they may be hand cut in house, but I could be wrong. Their burgers are great because they use good quality beef and it comes on a big fluffy bun. The good quality bacon helps too.
I went with the weekend brunch. You can choose form eggs any way you want them or an eggs Benedict or an omelet. I went with over easy eggs and white toast.
You also get pancakes, bacon, sausage and hash browns. The pancakes were quite good. I was not expecting to be all that impressed with their pancakes, but they were light and fluffy. The bacon was great, lots of maple flavor too. I'm not that crazy about breakfast sausage in general, so it was just OK to me. I think they do something to their hash browns to jazz them up a bit, though I have no idea what it is they do. They are very crispy and delicious though.
Check out the cinnamon roll. That is a small serving for one too. Usually it is the size of your head, but I asked for a smaller roll. It was warm with lots of carmel and butter and great cinnamon flavor throughout.

We sat at the bar on this visit and the service was just fine, though I did have to ask for the cinnamon roll. Other than that we had a great visit.

Ike's in downtown Minneapolis is pretty tiny, so you might want to make reservations, especially if you are on a tight schedule. I'll have to do another post soon on dinner or happy hour because their whole menu has lots of great choices! I highly recommend their margaritas!


Deals and Discounts: Ike's has a great happy hour Monday though Friday from 3-6pm with drink specials and food specials. The small plates are all but one get one free during happy hour last time we visited a few months ago.


Ike's Food and Cocktails
50 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
612-746-4537
www.ilikeikes.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment