Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sun Street Breads

I've been reading a lot about Sun Street Breads, but it is not very close to where we live so it is not a good option during the week. We decided to try it out for Sunday brunch recently. 


When we arrived there was a very long line, out the door. It did not move very quickly, but there is not a lot of room to wait inside either. 


I ordered the basic biscuit plus, with bacon, egg and cheese on a fresh biscuit. That is the melted cheese over the top of the sandwich in the photo above. The sandwich was very good. I've heard a lot about their biscuits, but I thought my biscuit was a bit dry for some reason. Maybe it was supposed to be somewhat dry or it was an off day. Not sure. 



John had the biscuit sandwich with scrambled egg and bacon, without cheese. He thought his biscuit was on the dry side as well, but good otherwise. John also had an iced coffee that was really good. 


The pancake was very good. It was very light and fluffy with just a bit of crispness to the exterior. I just ordered one, just so we could give it a try. 


We enjoyed Sun Street a lot. It reminded me a lot of Yum, which is one of my favorites, because it has good food and a casual atmosphere.  I really liked all the tiles decorating the restaurant, from SoMi Tiles. I have some of their tiles in my own kitchen. 


The service at Sun Street is counter service, where you order and they bring your food out once it is ready. The service was all fine and we did not wait too long for our food. I thought the prices were very affordable too. 


Sun Street Breads

4600 NICOLLET AVE.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55419
612-354-3414

www.sunstreetbreads.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment