Monday, November 19, 2012

5-8 Club

It's another case of I thought I already did a post, but I guess not. I really thought I'd done a post on the 5-8 Club a long time ago. We visit the Champlin location occasionally as it is not all that far from where we live and it is a good place for a quick casual meal.

John ordered the garlic burger and jojo fries. The jojo's are basically potato wedges and are pretty tasty. John said the garlic burger was good, but it did not have very much garlic flavor really. The coleslaw is very good, seems to be freshly made and very creamy. Good coleslaw is harder to find than you would think!

I ordered a cheeseburger with onion rings on it. I can not recall what it is called on the menu and the website is down so I can't double check. Anyway, it was a decent burger and I would order it again.

The juicy lucy is a specialty at the 5-8 club. It is one of the places in the Twin Cities that claims to be the creator of the famous cheese stuffed burger. I have tried the juicy lucy here before and liked it a lot, but I do not have any photos of previous visits unfortunately.

The service was friendly and efficient. We sat in the bar on this visit and they have a bunch of TVs so it would be a good place to go and watch a football game on TV or other sporting event.

Deals & Discounts: The 5-8 always has a coupon in the Entertainment book. In the current 2012-2013 book there are a couple coupons for a 1/2 price hamburger basket or $3.25 off any item with the purchase of another item. Not the best discount, but better than nothing I guess.


5-8 Club
6251 Douglas Court North
Champlin, MN 55316
(763) 425-5858
www.5-8club.com

plus 2 other locations in Minneapolis and Maplewood:
5800 Cedar Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55417
(612) 823-5858

2289 Minnehaha Ave E
Maplewood, MN 55119
(651) 735-5858

No comments:

Post a Comment