Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pizzeria Lola

We stopped in at Pizzeria Lola late on a Sunday afternoon while out running errands. I've been hearing for awhile that the pizza was great in the media and from friends, so I was looking forward to checking it out. We were not disappointed.

We were seated quickly and ordered right away. The menu had a lot of options that looked very interesting. We ordered the My Sha-roni! pizza that has red sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni and sausage. The pizza came out after just a short wait. The crust was great, rather light, but it was sturdy enough to hold all of the toppings. The pizza is wood fired so it had a bit of that flavor too. Love that! The red sauce was good with a very fresh tomato flavor and I loved the house made sausage. It was not too spicy, but very flavorful. Even the pepperoni were good. I love it when pepperoni is sliced thin so it gets just a bit crispy. They have a small bar with several beers on tap and wine is also available, though it looked like the bar was mainly for overflow seating.

We had a great visit to Pizzeria Lola. The food and service were both excellent. I wish they had more locations, because it is great and I can't wait to go back soon.


Pizzeria Lola
5557 Xerxes Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55410
612.424.8338
www.pizzerialola.com

No comments:

Post a Comment